* Awesome job MOM!! This might encourage other parents to take back the control and influences of THEIR children and train and discipline them better. Kids need and want those boundaries and limitations, standards and expectations and parents are failing their kids and society if they don't do that part of their job and responsibility. It is awesome to that this mom is going to be visiting this school and being involved and setting an example for other parents!
* I know it's hard to raise children today. They know too much and are exposed too much. Maybe if parents be more like a community it would work? I mean if I would see a child doing something bad or inappropriate I wouldn't say a word, because I know that the parents of that child would attack me and say it's none of my business, BUT it might work if your children just respect all adults, not only YOU!
* I know it's hard to raise children today. They know too much and are exposed too much. Maybe if parents be more like a community it would work? I mean if I would see a child doing something bad or inappropriate I wouldn't say a word, because I know that the parents of that child would attack me and say it's none of my business, BUT it might work if your children just respect all adults, not only YOU!
* A little extreme...but I feel for the mom. My daughter is not old enough yet to know or understand this dance, but she is getting up in age and I worry about what she sees. She would be in big trouble though if she chose to debase her self like this. Sometimes hard lessons are necessary.
* A little extreme...but I feel for the mom. My daughter is not old enough yet to know or understand this dance, but she is getting up in age and I worry about what she sees. She would be in big trouble though if she chose to debase her self like this. Sometimes hard lessons are necessary.
* it isnt like any of the other kids went around or went home and said --you should have seen how Jamie was disrespecting her parents by twerking at the dance !! Like OMG !!
what do people expect - look at the role models these kids have to look upto today and all the BS thats out there to influence the kids. I think the kid needed to be disciplined but rather than make the kid hold a sign on the corner so Mom can feel all mighty and all powerful and "good" about herself- she might want to use her time with her daughter on the corner to think about her as a Mom - and her role in allowing the child to get to that point- if she is not in favour of that behaviour - why not make sure your child isnt exposed to it , or if she is and you know it - then talk to her about it and help the child understand- dont punish the kid in public just so you as a parent can stroke your ego.! Take some responsibility for your bad parenting and treat your child with respect -- where respect is shown - respect is given . If i was this 11 yr old kid and my parents did this to me- you think I was hell on wheels before ---Look out !!
what do people expect - look at the role models these kids have to look upto today and all the BS thats out there to influence the kids. I think the kid needed to be disciplined but rather than make the kid hold a sign on the corner so Mom can feel all mighty and all powerful and "good" about herself- she might want to use her time with her daughter on the corner to think about her as a Mom - and her role in allowing the child to get to that point- if she is not in favour of that behaviour - why not make sure your child isnt exposed to it , or if she is and you know it - then talk to her about it and help the child understand- dont punish the kid in public just so you as a parent can stroke your ego.! Take some responsibility for your bad parenting and treat your child with respect -- where respect is shown - respect is given . If i was this 11 yr old kid and my parents did this to me- you think I was hell on wheels before ---Look out !!
* I wonder why no headshrinkers comment on this. this must mentaly scar the kid for life. I am sure you remember many embarasing things from your time in school. I would not wish those mental scars on anyone, much less my children. yes they did wrong but the shame they feel is not for the wrong they did but for the public humiliation.
* Pretty soon there will be more kids on corners holding signs than there will be homless people or beggars !!!! RESPECT..This Mom wqnts RESPECT from her child and treats her like this --wow
*Mom did the right thing. Its time parents are given enough right to raise their kids properly. Parent & teachers are scared of the children & system, that children are what they are today. Most of the kids are dropouts, they indulge more in sexual activities than education & become parents at younger age, they have no respect for elders or system, they lack discipline & manners.
* These supposed PARENTs are just BULLIES ..Yes bullies of the worst and cruelist kind!! kind ....shaming is a "thumbs up to bullying." In other words, public humiliation itself is an act of bullying.
this mom and all other parents who are public shamers are losing the trust of their children by belittleing them the way they are - and it isnt to punish it is a total ego thing for the parents !
I can think of a time when my neighbor told their daughter she was acting like a "baby" to describe her whiny behavior. It's just a word right? No, big deal. However, rather than calling her a baby, it would have been just as easy for them to say to her "Your behavior is not appropriate. We /I need you to talk to me instead of crying." Calling your child names only belittles him or her. you want to discipline children with a consequence. However, you don't want them lose trust in you as parents because they think you might shame them when they do something wrong. These parents are NO BETTER a role model to look up to than what is out there currently..not with behaviour like this from parents towards kids.!
this mom and all other parents who are public shamers are losing the trust of their children by belittleing them the way they are - and it isnt to punish it is a total ego thing for the parents !
I can think of a time when my neighbor told their daughter she was acting like a "baby" to describe her whiny behavior. It's just a word right? No, big deal. However, rather than calling her a baby, it would have been just as easy for them to say to her "Your behavior is not appropriate. We /I need you to talk to me instead of crying." Calling your child names only belittles him or her. you want to discipline children with a consequence. However, you don't want them lose trust in you as parents because they think you might shame them when they do something wrong. These parents are NO BETTER a role model to look up to than what is out there currently..not with behaviour like this from parents towards kids.!
* I remember grade 7 dances well. Girls stood on one side, boys on the other. Maybe a boy would get the courage to come over and ask a girl to slow dance. She'd shyly say 'ok'. The boy and girl would dance an arms length away, looking in opposite directions. Oh the 90's, you were a simpler time. The only "controversial" dance at the time was the Macarena.
* Time to turn the TV off, and pull the plug on the computer and let kids be kids. Having a child on a street corner I don't think is appropriate. Is there not some deep cleaning that needs to be done? Kids are seeing and learning too much adult content. I went through this with my grandchildren when they were here. Mom says they don't do it here. BS Maybe she just doesn't care enough or knows and ...
* I bet if that mom had a few wine coolers and tried twerking herself, it would be the best day of her life! If it wasn't for the handful of girls in middle school who booty danced in front of me, to Master P, back in the 90's, my life would not have been the same!
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment