Saturday, September 14, 2013

* Thailand is great, I almost decided to live there. But I retired in the Philippines. Everybody speaks English, former US colony, more pro-American than Great Britain or Canada, very cheap. My maid is $75 a month, I live in a four story house, my kids go to an English private school (very nice!) for under $20 each a month. Sunny year round....

*Been going to thailand for 8 years now to get away from the winter.. reading a lot of b.s. from some dikwads who, i for one can tell know nothing of what their talking about or been anywhere. yes, there are corrupt police but, not all, and yes there are pediphiles and lady boys that lurk around seeking decadent pleasures. prostitutes in certain sections of larger cities are available to the idiots who would rather ph(uu)k something than learn the nature and background of a lovely, ancient country. if you go seek out the off the main pathways of places like Chiang-Mai, Chiag Rai,Lamphun. there are many smaller villages circuling these locations.. make an effort to meet a nice women (at a restaurant,movie,street vender,shopping plaza ect. NOT BAR!) by being polite and downplay any instinct of acting like the macho westerner. i would highly recommend you make an attempt to study the language somewhat at least, (not really that hard and actually fun) if they see you are trying to learn that you will have made a big jump toward being respected in their eyes and many doors will open up in your favor. the main this don't be naive or present yourself as a target for touts who will try to scam you out of hard earned cash. if i haven't scared you off yet and you have a little adventure in your soul go for it..the scenery and food are worth the trip alone and the memories will sometimes wake you up in the middle of the night eigher laughing or crying out loud.. POM RAK MUANG THAI..
* One bedroom for 50 grand? I'm currently in a house hunting mode, and in the Southern American state where I just moved to, and the Northern state I just moved from, tat can get you 2 or 3 bedrooms, 1 or two baths, 900 to 1400 square feet of space, and a 1000 or more square feet of yard. Often even a garage. And that house would also come with unpolluted drinking water right out of the tap.

* I just returned from living there the past 13 years. Although the country is beautiful as a foreigner you will be charged more and the corruption is unbelievable. Also you need to understand that the fluctuation of the dollar also plays a part as well. The retirement visa is not that difficult to get as long as you have the money and every 90 days you have to report your address to immigration. If you are more than 7 days late you will be fined. You can not own land and there are many rules to follow. Check all the pros and cons before making the move. Living there is not like going on vacation there.

* I have been living in Thailand now for 7 years and there is no way I would ever go back to live in the USA , the main thing is if your a single man as I am just don't go out and party there is a lot of good Thai women here in Thailand and there is also a lot which do nothing but take your money if you let them but I am very lucky to have a very nice woman she takes care of me plus I call her cheap Charlie I have more money in my pocket now then I ever had living in the USA.

*Another lame "Places to Retire" article with little information. Written by someone that doesn't have a clue. The Philippines has far more to offer including permanent VA and SS offices. Don't judge the rest of the Philippines by only visiting Manila. There are over 7,000 islands here. Don't try to tell me about the Rebel problems and Typhoons. Simple solution is don't live in the areas where those problems are. Just like don't live in certain areas of the US.

* My kids live in the US. My grand kids live in the US. I dont know any one in Thailand Why the heck would I leave my family and everyone and everything I know to go live in a third world country surrounded by strangers?

* Since I have been living in the States for more than 2 decades, I cannot wait to retire in Thailand in the near future. I can afford living in Los Angeles just to get by for daily life. There won't be much money to spend for fun. Sawadee Thailand.

*"You can buy a comfortable one-bedroom condo in the central Chiang Mai area for around $50,000 or rent one for about $500 per month."
That's not cheap. I bought a 1984, 2 bed, 2 bath single family house, no association fee, for $49K in 2010 and a 1985, 3 bed, 2 bath single family house, no association fee, for $45K in 2011. Or you can rent them for $800 and $900 a month. Prices have went up the past year. Even at today's price, one can buy them at $100K. At lease these houses are in the old USA.


0 comments:

Post a Comment