Saturday, August 24, 2013

1. Found a phone in the parking lot of DIA. I looked through the text messages and found the last message sent. Since it said "be home in a minute", I figured it must be family. I text the number and received an address to send the phone. One week letter I opened my mail box to find a nice thank you card with 100$. Being a little short sided in funds that month this was truly a blessing. I believe in good karma.

2. My son was at a concert and as he was leaving he found a cell phone in the parking lot. He brought it home because there was just too much craziness going on in the parking lot. Next morning he called the number listed as "DAD" in the phone and told him he had the phone. They showed up a little later that afternoon to pick it up. We would have taken it to them but they were so thankful someone was returning it, that would come get it. They gave my son a reward, he gave it back and said he hoped someone would just do the same for him if he lost his phone. That dad told me I raised a pretty good kid. I took that as reward enough!

3.  The kids who returned the phone look happy like they come from a home with family who love them. I heard a discussion on t.v. last night where it was brought out that the kids who committed that senseless murder came from much different backgrounds. Drug addiction, alcoholism, parents in jail, etc., etc. Kids who have benefit of a loving and supportive family unit are less likely to become heartless, murdering street predators who wind up in gangs. The breaking down of the family unit in this country has become a major problem.

4. I had my cell phone stolen, I called it and asked for it back, (lady) said it was hers. I told her good luck using it since I had just canceled the phone with the company. Oh, by the way how many people have every phone number for all the hospitals in the city you live in on their cell? I did since at that time I had several people in different hospitals. Thanks Lady using term loosely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment